In-Office Lid Hygiene
- A revolving handpiece is used to carefully spin a cotton tip along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids.
- The soaked cotton-tip is disposable and a clean one is used for each individual eyelid
- The procedure takes about 5 minutes and is well tolerated. Most patients simply report a vibration sensation. A freezing drop is usually placed in each eye prior to treatment for increased comfort. After the procedure, the patient is instructed on how to maintain their clean eyelids with regular twice daily lid hygiene.
- The procedure is typically repeated at 3-6 month intervals. More frquently if needed due to the collection of the debris again.
- Demodex usually needs this treatment every week for 3 week using tea-tree oil (TTO) to control the demodex infestation.